Questions in Mind
1) What are the opportunities that a start-up can get in India?
· India in today’s time, is one of the fastest growing economy in the world. Major developed countries are finding immense potential in the Indian market and are keen to increase or commence their ties with India.
· India has also improved massively in ease of doing business and is ranked in 77th position from its earlier standing at 142nd position.
· FDI inflows ranged to $42 billion in 2018 with major investments in manufacturing, communication, financial services and cross-border merger and acquisition activities, highlighting India as one of the most attractive market for leading foreign investors.
· Also fintech has found well backing by various start-ups, financial institutions, government, and venture capitalists to help channelize robust investments from various stakeholders.
· India benefits from its efficient technical and management institutions that are of the highest international standards that creates able human resources.
2) How can an Indian company (private limited) be incorporated?
Ministry of corporate affairs have done away with tortuous practice for registering a company and hence have introduced a simplified way to form company. Now, Company can be incorporated, together with name approval and DIN (Director Identification Number), with the recognition of registered office of the company, PAN and TAN and the MOA and AOA of the company with a linked form- SPICe 32, 33, 34. Now the ministry even facilitates GST registration with the introduction of AGILE.
3) Is there any Government Fees that I shall incur to form a company in India?
The ministry has facilitated with zero fees up to Rs. 10 lakhs for most classes of companies. However, there shall levy state wise stamp duty.
4) What are the structural requirements to form a company in India?
To incorporate a company, a minimum of 2 directors and 2 shareholders are required. Both directors and shareholders can be same persons or different.
There exists no minimum capital requirement for a private company.
5) What are the documents that are required to form a private limited company in India?
· PAN Card copies as Proof of Nationality
· Voter ID/Passport/Driving License as proof of Identity
· Copy of latest electricity bill/telephone bill/mobile bill/bank statement as proof of residency(latest by 2 months)
· Copy of ownership deed/sale deed(if property is owned)
· Copy of rent agreement along with latest rent receipt (if property is rented)
· Copy of latest electric bill/telephone bill/mobile bill/gas bill in the name of the owner of the property for the registered office proof.
· Copy of Property Tax Receipt.
· Form DIR-2 by the proposed directors
· A declaration in the form INC-9 by the directors and the subscribers
6) I am not an Indian citizen. Can I form a company in India?
The Companies Act 2013 permits a foreign director or directors or be the shareholder(s) in a company. However, there shall be present at all the times a director who is an Indian citizen as well as resident in India. The documents as mentioned above (i.e ID proof, residency proof) shall have to be apostilled or notarised from the public notary or the embassy.
7) Being an Indian, I am looking to expand in other countries. What shall be a lucrative place to start?
Reason to Expand in Singapore
Singapore offers advantageous loans for foreign investors, the tax incentives and exemptions, the pro-business legislation and the State’s financial stability makes it attractive to foreign investors. Singapore enjoys second position in ease of doing business and fifth position in the rankings of countries receiving FDI. It does not have tortuous compliances, has favourable tax system, has DTAA with many countries. It has infrastructure, the banking system, and communication facilities that are less time and money consuming which also eases in setting up a company in Singapore. Singapore is technologically advanced facilitating innovative solutions for various industries. It is also stands among those few countries which facilitates and provides for well-developed fintech activities.
Reason to Expand in Australia
Australia is an excellent place to invest because of its population growth, highly skilled workforce, strategic location, strong record of economic growth and a stable governance and regulatory environment. Australia stands in 8th position as the recipient of FDI and 18th as ease of doing business. Australia has varied economy contributing to its growth, the sectors being Mining, energy, Tourism, Financial Services etc Taxation in Australia is simplified and the foreign investors need to pay taxes on their Australian earnings in line with Australian owned companies
Reason to Expand in UK
UK has conditions that are profoundly favourable for FDI. Setting up a business is rapid in comparison to other European countries. London is the world leader in the financial services sector indicating healthy and efficient banking systems. UK also has many bilateral investment treaties with many countries factoring huge FDI
Reason to Expand in UAE
One of the factors evidencing FDI in UAE is its strategic location, which makes it favourable to have access to both the east and the west economies. UAE has well developed infrastructure facilities. It is ranked as 11th in position in ease of doing business Low Tax Rate
8) I have an online Fintech Company catering to the needs of global customers. Which place do you recommend for ease of forming and functioning for a Fintech Company?
Our research suggests Fintech companies suffer most from complex regulations and compliance. Countries like Malta, Lithuania, Labuan provides perfect environment for operating a Fintech Company. In all of these, Financial Regulation is liberal and it is easy to run a company.
9) Do we have to travel to the country to run the business?
This depends on which country you would like to open your start-up. In various countries we do not require travelling to start any business. The entire process in based on online.
10) What are the Services that TAX SAMADHAN provides in Global setting up?
We believe in providing end to end solution for all your Financial and compliance need so that you do not face any hassles in doing business. Our Service includes-
· Setting Up
· Nominee Directorship
· Registered Office
· Accounting & International Taxes
· Payroll and Secretarial Services
· Global Fundraising and Legal Drafting
· Work Permit and Visas